Food Health & Safety Package (EC113670)
This Food Health & Safety package will give you all the necessary skills you will need to work in the catering environment in a variety of positions, either as part of your existing role, or this could be the start of a career change!
Here you will learn the basics, through a blend of 4 courses, all related to Food Health & Safety in one way or another.
This package contains 4 courses, blended together to give you a well-balanced knowledge of Food Health & Safety.
Level 2 Health and Safety in the Catering Workplace
The course is arranged into different modules, giving learners an accessible structure within which to master the basics of this fascinating and increasingly important subject. Each module covers a area or discipline within the catering and food preparation industry, with content including:
- The consequences of poor health and safety;
- The main areas of law that cover the workplace;
- Management’s responsibility for the welfare of employees;
- The benefits of good housekeeping practices and how to use equipment safely;
- The hazards associated with manual handling.
Within each module there is an interactive quiz, enabling learners to test their knowledge and reinforce their learning. All topics will be covered in the final test.
Students will be taught about:
- Common food allergies, their causes and management.
- The difference between a food allergy and a food intolerance.
- Coeliac disease and foods that trigger it.
- Food labelling and how to present diners with the information they need to make informed decisions when ordering.
Once the course has been completed, learners will sit a short test to ensure they have properly understood the topic and earn their certificate of completion.
Level 1 Food Safety & Hygiene Awareness in Catering
As you would expect from a level one course, students will cover everything they need to get started with safer food handling.
Students will be shown how to:
- Identify and mitigate common food safety hazards.
- Understand the principles of food poisoning and the measures need to prevent outbreaks.
- Using contamination controls to prevent food from exposed to harmful contaminants.
- Temperature controls and how they are used to store food safely.
- Handling food during and after delivery.
- Ensuring food handling areas are kept clean, safe and free from waste and pests.
Once the course has been completed, learners will sit a 20-question test to assess their comprehension and confirm they have reached the standard required to attain the Level 1 certificate.
Level 2 Food Safety & Hygiene in Catering
Building on the skills they would have acquired when studying for their Level 1 certificate, the course closely follows the standards laid out in the Industry Guide to Good Hygiene Practice – Catering Guide. It also closely mirrors the content used in the equivalent CIEH, RSPH and HABC courses.
Over the course of nine modules, students will be shown how to:
- Identify and mitigate common food safety hazards, particularly those that result in food related illnesses.
- The fundamentals of microbiology as they apply to food.
- A introduction to the bacteria that causes outbreaks of food poisoning.
- Implement food management systems that comply with legal requirements.
- Applying contamination and temperature controls that prevent food poisoning.
- The importance of food storage and stock controls to protect diners against food poisoning.
- Understand the importance of personal hygiene in protecting customers from illness and infection.
- Dealing with cleaning and waste in such a way that bacteria is carefully controlled.
- Implementing pest control routines that further reduce the risk of contamination.
- Building and maintaining a work environment that helps improve safety standards within the kitchen.
Once the course has been completed, learners will sit a short online test to assess their comprehension and confirm they have reached the standard required to attain the Level 2 certificate.
ADVANTAGES OF THE COURSE
- Work more safely in a food preparation environment, and to reduce health risks to diners.
- Demonstrate their knowledge and practical experience with a Level 2 food hygiene certificate.
- Acquire transferrable skills that will help them secure a new, more senior role working in a kitchen.
This package includes
Level 1 Food Safety & Hygiene Awareness in Catering£150View More
Level 2 Food Safety & Hygiene in Catering£150View More
Allergy Essentials£150View More
Level 2 Health and Safety in the Catering Workplace£150View More